One of my favorite shows on television is N.C.I.S. A few weeks ago they had a story about the Vietnam Wall in Washington D.C. A very emotional story about a Vietnam Vet visiting the Wall through a program called Honor Flight Network. This group brings WW2, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington D.C. to visit and honor our Veterans. Their Website is: www.HonorFlight.org The story brought out a sad truth about our Vietnam Veterans. When these soldiers came home they did not receive any welcome home parades or any other honors that they deserved. At the end of the show the veteran in this story received a hero's welcome from his hometown. Help us show our Vietnam Veterans the appreciation they didn't get 50 years ago.
May 1 is the deadline for the Brown Co. Fair book cover contest. Two prizes of $50 one for a non-professional adult artist. the other $50 goes to a entry 18 or under non-professional artist. To get all the rules and timeline please visit: www.littlestatefair.com. The theme for the 166th Brown Fair is: "Brown County Fair-The Heart of it All".
The new Northeast bathrooms is coming right along with walls nearly finished. Close to the Floral Hall and rides, this should help the waiting in long lines during the Fair. Another project for this summer is a new storm drain near the fairboard office and going out to the parking lot. Last year we had a summer storm that flooded the whole building and we hope this will stop it.
Dear Friend of the Fair,
The Brown County Agricultural Society would like to invite you to participate in our annual contest for the cover for the Brown County Fair book. Below are the instructions as outlined by the board of Directors. Entries must be to the fairboard office by no later than May 1, 2017.
The theme for the 2017 Brown County Fair is “Brown Country Fair – The Heart of it All”. This should lead to a lot of imagination on your part.
Please contact me if you have any questions. My number is 937-256-2573.
RULES FOR THE 166th BROWN COUNTY FAIR’S FAIR BOOK CONTEST
1. Drawings may be in color or may be in pencil or black ink But Color is much preferred.
2. Drawings must be on 81/2 X 11 white paper. (No colored paper)
3. Drawings must be in portrait layout form NOT in Landscape layout form. NEW
4. Your artwork is to be drawn with the theme of the 2017 Brown County Fair in mind.
“Brown County Fair – The Heart of it All”
5. All entries are due in the fair office by May 1, 2017.
6. Important! Write your name, address and phone number on the BACK of the drawing.
And age if a Junior (18 or under in age)
7. Any amateur artist in Brown County is eligible to enter. (No professional artists, please.)
8. All entries become the property of the Brown County Agricultural Society.
1. $50 awarded to each of the winners by the fair board.
2. Two awards will be given: Adult and Junior (18 and under)
3. The Directors will decide at the time of decision as to which picture will go on the cover
and which will go on the inside page just before the Junior Fair portion.
4. The winner’s pictures will be published in the fair book and newspaper announcements.
The fair board will select the winner on the basis of the drawing. (Each entry will be numbered and the judges will not know who submitted the drawing until after the decision of the winning artwork has been made.)
Any questions please contact Juanita Barricklow at 513-256-2573.
Rules will be published on the web page at www.littlestatefair.com
45th year for the Brown Co Jr Fairboard (Rhonemus Hall) at 5:00 PM - Inviting all present and past jr fairboard members
30th year for the Carteens (Rhonemus Hall) at 5:30 PM - Reunion for all involved in the 30 years of Carteens
Brown Co Fair Former Kings & Queens (Rhonemus Hall) at 6:00 PM - Reunion Celebrating 165 years of Brown County Royalty